Your personal data and how we use it
Collection of your personal data
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our stores:
- If you are not a registered user, you will be browsing our Site as a guest. We will not collect or use any personal data from you (except when you choose to place an order with us as a guest) but you may not be able to use all the services and features that we offer to registered users.
- You will need to input certain of your personal data when registering with us on our Site (such as your name and contact details), in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate in our private sales or competitions.
- You can place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to fulfill the relevant order (such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information).
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our physical stores, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide. For instance, you may be required to provide us with your personal information to purchase from us or make enquiries at our stores or over the telephone;; to provide feedback to us (such as via a survey); or to participate in our promotions and events (such as Private Sales).
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the "Purposes"):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, providing our customer benefits to you, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the "Marketing Communications" section below.
- Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
Other points of note regarding your personal data
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide some of our services and features to you.
- Subject to where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us.
Collection of anonymous data from you
- Separately, we may collect certain anonymous data from you on our Site: We collect anonymous data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server's usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name. We may use analytics cookies for this purpose You may opt-out of the collection of such data at any time.
- We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of our: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS or postal mail.
- You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such emails.
Security and protection of your information
We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located and use your personal data outside of your country of residence):
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
- Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
How to check and update your personal data
You may wish to access, verify, update or delete any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by:
- If you are a registered user on our Site, logging in to WWW.FOREVERPLAY.COM.HK using the SIGN IN menu. You will be asked to fill in your email address and password. You will then be able to view and/or update your personal data using the different sections of the MY ACCOUNT page including your, shipping and billing addresses and email preferences.
- Alternatively, where you have provided your personal data via means other than our Site as a registered user, by contacting our Privacy Officer (at the details as set out at "Contact Us").
Our contact details